Hi, my name is Jack. I am a User Experience Designer pursuing a Masters in Human-Computer Interaction at the University of Maryland.
I am a UX designer who is passionate about solving complex problems with thoughtful and creative designs. I take the time to fully understand and empathize with users and their unique contexts and problems. I have an eye for detail but also take the time to look at the bigger picture. Not only do I examine users in their broader contexts, but I also take an entrepreneurial perspective to look at the surrounding ecosystem of people, businesses, and technology. Looking at users and problems from a variety of perspectives allows me to identify new opportunities, underlying problems, and efficient solutions.
My curiosity pushes me to continually learn new skills and explore new domains of technology and design. What makes me most happy in life is helping and delighting others, UX design combines my passions for problem-solving, design, and technology, into a discipline in which I can make a positive impact on people’s lives. I want to channel my skillset and user-centered mentality to create innovative solutions for the next generation of design problems.
I am a highly motivated student seeking a summer internship with an organization that can benefit from my skill set as a UX Designer and background in Human-Computer Interaction to further my design and industry experience.
M.S. Human-Computer Interaction
University of Maryland / August 2017 - May 2019 (Expected)
- Designing and implementing usability testing methods for desktop and mobile
- Applying urban data science techniques and social network analysis to increase commerce and community engagement in downtown Silver Spring, MD
- Designed, prototyped, and tested a concept mobile app focused on helping users build healthy habits through incentives and motivation
- Co-authored a paper on fake news characterization and identification, which presented a data set to support future research using machine learning
B.S. Exercise Science
University of Delaware / August 2013 - May 2017
- Minors in Integrated Design and Biological Science
- Founded a start-up aimed at alleviating time management issues for student-athletes, resulting in over 25 interviews and a pitch deck
- Spearheaded a project focused on increasing student health and fitness, resulting in a concept mobile app and recommendations for university officials
- Proposed an online resource to advise undergraduate students considering STEM careers, while part of the Blue Hen Leadership Program
- Studied health initiatives and community wellness abroad in New Zealand